Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Meet the DC Film Office" seminar

I was really excited to attend the DC Film Alliance's "Meet the DC Film office" on Wednesday. Kathy Hollinger, the director of the DC Office of Motion Picture and Television Development is working hard to get more productions here in the District and to make sure those productions hire local crews. She answered a lot of questions about how their Office is working on incentives for these productions.

I was interested in hearing about how the permit process is being streamlined for filming in DC. Obtaining the permits for the companies I work for is probably the most difficult part of my job. I haven't had a problem with obtaining permits from the film office, it's with another government agency (that I don't want to get in trouble for mentioning). When out-of-town crews don't want to abide by the permit process and they still get their shot, I sound like the squeaky wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment