Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowball Fight!

Snowmageddon. Snopocalypse. The snowstorm that hit Washington, DC on Friday, February 5th dropped two feet of snow - perfect for a massive snowball fight. The details of the fight were posted on Facebook and I actually had friends in other states telling me about it. I walked the few blocks over to Dupont Circle with my FLIP camera in hand. As I got closer I heard the din over the blanket of snow that turned out to be hundreds (thousands?) of people in the midst of a snowball fight. The visual was hard to take in, like a Hieronymus Bosch triptych:

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there!Bring on the snow balls! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing cool stories of people getting together during this snowstorm. Prince of Petworth posted about a snow bar: (http://www.princeofpetworth.com/2010/02/holy-cool-a-snow-bar/) and a friend in Ellicott City spent 5 hours shoveling cars with her neighbors and then watched the Superbowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete